Dedicate time for you and Him
Our lives are very busy and sometimes that busyness causes us not to spend time with Jesus. Spending time with Jesus can be a beautiful opportunity to worship, pray and just be when we want to refocus on what Easter weekend is all about. Plus, Time with Jesus allows us as a church to come together and pray for what is on our hearts and have the opportunity to grow through different guided experiences. There is no special way you need to do this everyone is on their own faith journey.
Time with Jesus Details
Begins at 5:00 pm on Thursday, April 6th, and ends at 5:00 pm on Friday, April 7th just before our Good Friday Service at 7:00 pm.
Register for your hour below.
Visit the table in the Lobby on Sunday, April 2nd to grab any materials, and ask any questions that you may have.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I do this?
When is the last time you had an opportunity to slow down and truly spend time with Jesus? Allow this event to be a tool to continue to build on your relationship with Him during this meaningful experience.
Do I sign up for multiple times?
It is completely up to you. Simply choose an hour or two that you can dedicate to being with Jesus and remembering what this Easter season is about.
I have never done anything like this before, what do I do?
We will also provide a guide with journal prompts, scripture, and more for in-person and online if you would like to spend your time independently. If you would like to Spend Time with Jesus with others, the leaders guide you through the hour you choose. We want you to follow wherever God leads or draws you during this time.
Am I doing this alone?
You are welcome to do this privately, but West Ridge recognizes that being together in prayer is important. Or maybe you need direction, our designated leader(s) will guide you.
Who is leading some of the sessions?
- Stations of the Cross (WR Cafe) – Darren Sloniger describes the route taken by Jesus on His way from Pilate’s judgment hall to Calvary, the place of His crucifixion.
- Walk in the Forest Preserve – Tami Simmons | The walk is completely independent at the Burnidge Forest Preserve. You will need to enter off of Coombs Road entrance. Tami will be greeting you at the entrance, which is located next to the parking lot, as you arrive and handing out instructions for this self-led/at-your-own-pace walk.
- Joe Miller (Foundation Room upstairs at West Ridge) – Joe utilizes all your sense as he talks about Jesus’ sacrifice and the forgiveness of our sins.
- Kathi Burhite (Chapel) – Theme: Be Still and Know. This is a reflective time for silent prayer to think about the sacrifice that has been made for you. We will be practicing mindfulness and being in the moment. It is also an opportunity to have someone pray with you and for you.
- Connie & Greg Bowman (Foundation Room) – Theme: Listening to Jesus
- Rick & Chris Blank (Zoom) – Leader-led community time with opportunities for prayer, reflection, and discussion.
- Danielle Zapchenk (Foundation Room) – Led through a time of reflection, gratitude, and prayer with a focus on Judas.
- Scott Alexander (Chapel) – Leader-led time of prayer and reflection.
- Katie Van Gheem (West Ridge Chapel) – Theme: Be Still and Know. This is a reflective time for silent prayer to think about the sacrifice that has been made for you. We will be practicing mindfulness and being in the moment. It is also an opportunity to have someone pray with you and for you.
- Independent times – If you choose independent time, you can pick and choose from the guidebook what you’d like to do for the hour. Many people sign-up and listen to music, walk, and pray for our church, our small groups, our prayer list, etc.
Do you have a worship playlist available?
Yes, you can find our worship playlist below.
Time with Jesus – Reflect Playlist on Spotify
Upbeat Time with Jesus Playlist on Spotify
Can I do this at home?
Yes, you can participate virtually via Zoom or spend Time with Jesus in the comfort of your own home. You will receive a zoom link after registration or via email the week of.
Still, have questions? Contact Time with Jesus Leader, Katie Van Gheem here.