Local outreach to make an impact within our community of Elgin. It has been and will continue to be a privilege to serve our community through the following ways:
Interested? Click on the title to get connected to the team leader today.
West Ridge @ Huff Elementary School
Since 2011, we have partnered with Huff Elementary School to make a difference in one of Elgin’s poorest neighborhoods. It all began with one teacher’s desire to help children in her school. Through our partnership, we have provided food to Huff families who may otherwise have gone without, we’ve provided winter coats and school uniforms to kids to who didn’t have one, we’ve mentored kids who are falling behind and we’ve helped many families beautify their homes and make them safe. The past year we also had a Toy Drive to provide gently used toys to families who might not have had any to open on Christmas morning.
- Helping Hands Projects – In the fall, we plan to conduct two rehab protects for the Huff families. This will include painting and minor repairs. More details to follow once we identify the families and the necessary work needed.
- Kids Hope – Are you able to share hope and love for a Huff School student? We are in need of mentors during the school lunch hour for the remainder of the 2017/2018 school year and/or the start of the 2018/2019 year. Commitment is only 1 hour per week.
Other Outreach Opportunities
- Food Boxes – We have been providing food boxes since we started supporting Huff. The families in the weekly backpack program also need support during the extended holiday breaks.
- Winter Coats – We started the Winter coat drive when Huff staff noticed some of their students showing up to school without winter jackets in freezing cold weather. For the last several years, we have provided Huff with over 100 coats, scarves and hats for those children in need.
- Packing weekly backpacks – 25 kids qualify for supplemental food from Northern Illinois Foodbank over the weekend. We have a team of West Ridge volunteers that go to Huff every Friday and pack backpacks.
- Toy Drive – In 2017, we hosted our very first Christmas Toy Drive at West Ridge. We collected over 1,000 toys from our church and blessed over 300 families at Huff. We plan to host this event again, so please save your gently used toys and look for more information in November!
Outreach Team is lead by Lisa Wolenberg, please contact her with any questions.
West Ridge partners with an existing non-profit to serve the homeless population in the city of Elgin. We have committed to the second Sunday of every month to donate food and serve the meals.
Breakfast for the Homeless
West Ridge provides breakfast items and serves the homeless once a month at Elgin Vineyard Church.
Guarantee of Use of Funds – For all of the projects we are taking on 100% of anything you give will go directly to that project.
See how West Ridge is impacting the lives of the children and families at Huff Elementary in Elgin.
“Select Huff Project”